2012 m. gruodžio 6 d., ketvirtadienis

Self- assessment of my achievements


Learning psychology in English class is a very beneficial process. This semester we did a lot of tasks in our English classes. We wrote summaries, we had some listening tasks, we had to make power point presentations also we did Moodle tests, ESP test, on line exercises and a lot of other tasks. I can truly say that this semester was the hardest and I am going to evaluate my work and efforts this semester.

Test on ESP definitions

These tests were not easy because there were a lot of complicated definitions. However, I have read all the modules carefully and tried to understand the descriptions. Unfortunately it was difficult to briefly and accurately write definition in my own words, so I tried to memorize the scientific ones. But generally, I am satisfied with results I got, because they were adequate and showed that I am able to learn everything if I put enough efforts in learning.

Moodle tests

We had to do Moodle tests of all modules. This task was new for me. Despite the fact that we can do this work at home, I find this task hard to do. But the great thing about it is that you can check your knowledge and get results immediately.

Online listening practice followed by T/F, Synonym Match and Gap Filling exercises

Listening to natural British language is still quite confusing, because they speak fast and it is difficult to follow the speech, note the essentials and write with no grammar mistakes at the same time. Also there are words that I do not understand. But I think it is important that I am able to catch the everything. Synonym Match was quite difficult, Gap Filling exercises were mostly easy, because I was be able to see all text.

Traditional listening to cassettes/CD's

I think this was one of the hardest task of all. Sometimes it is easy to catch a right answer, but all in all, it is hard for me to hear answer correctly and I must improve my listening skills.

Online exercises from R. Feldman's course book

Online exercises from Feldman's book were not so difficult for me, because I prefer individual job and I can easily concentrate. I don't feel like I have gained anything from doing these exercises. I think it was also a task I was rather good at.  

Online exercises from AP Psychology Review

These exercises depends on topic. I think, that my performance on this task is quite good, but I need to focus more on what I am reading so sometimes I found some troubles on that.

Making Power Point Presentations

Despite all fears of public speaking, making the presentation and showing it during lecture power point presentations were good for me . Honestly, I really enjoyed representing it, because in my mind, I done my best: made good slides, without too much text, only with main points, prepared to speak about this subject properly, mentioned not only main, but also an additional information and, to my surprise, even answered to the questions from audience.
I am very glad with the work I done and of course with the mark I got.

Short talks

This task was quite simple. I feel that I did my best and my speaking has improved. We talk a lot in lectures, but the best way to talk for me is short talks, when I can prepare my talk at home. I think I showed my all potential.

Speaking impromptu in class

This task for me is more acceptable than short talks, but on the other hand I speak aloud, just when I have what to say. May be I had to talk more than I really did.


To sum up, I could say that we have to practice our English in our day life. I tend to think more about the knowledge that I gained during this course and how it would be useful in my future in the psychology studies.



Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą